Innovative Transport Systems
Our Innovative Transport Systems team deals with the use of alternative drive technologies in public transport in various, often interdisciplinary projects. Drive technologies range from electrified vehicles to emission-free bus operation.
In our projects we take responsibility of project development and project coordination. We also develop infrastructural measures – for reloading and intermediate charging (or refuelling) of energy storage systems during the use of vehicles or nightly break in operation. Our portfolio also includes design of depot infrastructures as well as needs-based planning of workshop equipment and personnel qualification measures. The conception of new software solutions for alternatively powered buses and integration of these into existing IT system architecture are essential components of our range of services.
Last but not least, our team has many years of experience in public transport acceleration at traffic light systems also with modern cooperative and intelligent communication systems such as C-ITS and C2X.
- Feasibility and implementation studies in context of alternatively powered buses
- Energy and total cost analysis of inner-city and regional transport
- Conception of charging and refuelling infrastructure on depot premises or in operating area
- Conception and optimization of IT system architecture for alternatively powered buses – from ITCS operations control system to digital workshop
- Support of procurement procedures for tendering vehicles and charging/refuelling infrastructure as well as associated software solutions (e.g. depot and charging management systems)
- Support in acquisition of subsidies and subsequent funding management